Sep 16, 2012

No Complaining!

"Do all things without whining and complaining." (Philippians 2:14). What a great scripture for our kids to memorize and yet how many times do we as adults complain about going to work, house hold chores, serving at church, exercising, ect... Maybe we as adults also need to memorize this scripture, repent and realize we are bless to do have these opportunities in our lives!
    
That was my status the other day on Facebook.  It is something I have pondered the last few days and am grateful that God not only spoke to me but spoke to my kids.  I shared my devotional with them that morning before even thinking about school (we home school by the way).  Yesterday I shared about this new health journey I am on and let me tell ya after I shared with you I knew the bike was waiting for me.   I didn't say it out loud but I sure was thinking about how much I did NOT want to go work out.  I was complaining in my thoughts..."why do I have to do this,"  " I don't want to!" BUT I got up off my duff and went and worked out for 30 mins.  I even did a more intense workout and man am I feeling it today.  My calves are screaming and tight.  I need to go get on the bike and do some time but honestly my calves are sore and and ankles are stiff.  I will go work out and I will try to do so with a joyful heart!   

What are you doing to get healthier??  Let us not do it with whining and complaining but let's give God the glory for blessing us with the ability to get stronger in body and in Him!

No comments: