Oct 15, 2012

Hit the Mark

OK so a few weeks ago I ranted on about how I hated the scale.  Well I still do!  Honestly we have gone through a bunch of batteries just to figure out the digital scale was really malfunctioning.  BIG FROWN! Do you know what a messed up scale does to you mentally when you can't get an accurate number week after week.  It was driving me NUTTY! Needless to say this past week we went and bought a new, standard, nonelectric scale.  Sunday was my official weigh in and I am HAPPY to SHOUT that I have really reached a major goal!  I hit the 300 mark!  I have also lost 4 inches in key areas of my body! WOO HOO!  PRAISE THE LORD!  HALLELUJAH!
   Yes I am shouting!  I have fought hard for every single ounce and I am very proud of where I am at!  It truly has been a struggle to get here.  This week I am reducing my calorie intake down to 1000-1100 cals. a day.  I have cut almost all carbs out of my diet.  Let me stress when I say carbs I specifically mean potatoes, bread, pasta and rice.  All of which I love!  I LOVE Italian and Mexican foods and both are terrible when it comes to carb counts and what they do to my system.  So I have a friend that shared a recipe for a carb free crust for pizza and I changed it up for an enchilada bake tonight (left out the garlic) and it was to die for!  Oh, I can not forget the carb. free pancakes too.  (Click pizza/pancakes for the recipes.) Oh my I am in heaven with both and feel like I have splurged and I know I haven't!  It truly helps the mental part of this journey. 
  On an even happier note, my glucose levels have been a LOT better as well.  In fact I have had some numbers that were below 80 and that was shocking to me to be honest.  I haven't had numbers below 80 in well 4 years.  My goal for this medical issue to be completely back to normal, diabetes free and medicine free as well.  It has been done by others and since I am type 2 it is a big possibility for me.  I HOPE and PRAY!

No comments: