Jun 22, 2018

        So I'm week into this new life, new journey. I go to my one week post op doc visit today. I'll be officially weighed in since my last weigh in with their office 10 days ago. If I base my weight loss on my home scale I'm very pleased. Here's what the MOST important change this week has been, I am no longer taking metformin, a diabetes med, AND my insulin has been cut from 100 units a day down to 35 a day and it will have to be changed again as my glucose numbers continue to come down. My numbers were ranging from 190-290 they now are running from 130-200. HUGE improvement!
         Some have ask how's the pain and eating going. Won't lie the pain was in some instances worse then the knee surgeries I've had for the first few days. Now the incisions are achy except the largest one, that one still hurts. As for "eating," liquid diet for 10 days is not easy. I have been able to handle a few bites of yogurt which has been the only solid allowed. After today I get to add banana, cottage cheese, creamed soup, peanut butter, plain applesauce, and V8 juice. Yay!!!!
      Mentally how am I doing...y'all this is way harder than I thought and I have been prepared. It's not that I'm starving or hungry all the time. Or even upset that I can't have all the junk food that got me here. It's knowing 3 small bites of yogurt fills me up, it's only being able to handle 2 oz of an 11oz protein shake at a time and takes me almost 2 1/2 hours to finish one and when I finally finish it, it's literally time to start another so I get the 3 required in by bed time. And I'm so full from the last that even starting the next one doesn't happen for another hour or two. This are all physical adjustments that I knew would happen, it's just gonna take some time to get use to.
        But even with all of the changes in the last week the only regret I have right now is not having the surgery sooner!!!

No comments: