Nov 13, 2010

Friends

I have the BEST friends in the world. Oh I have quite a few that are close friends, in which I have shared many of the best and worst life experiences. This week has been such a long week filled with disappointments left and right. In fact there have been times this week that I have wanted to find a hole and bury myself in. Oh I know you can't run from the problems in your life. In fact the best things to do is to place it in His hands and let Him deal with it. But this week was just filled with lots of sickness, closed doors, financial attacks (yes attacks because it is satan's way of distracting us the fastest!) and just sadness and not just from my own feelings. It seems as though our oldest has been dealing with sadness of missing his friends as well.
So today was a breath of fresh air for me. I spent a few hours with one of my best friends from college and her kids. It is always nice to just sit and talk. We always enjoy each others company and the kids all love each other greatly! Then later this afternoon, my other best friend came over with her son and we had a great time working on a project together for my parents and Sean's mom. I would share what I am up to but I am unsure if my parents read this blog or not. I will share in a few weeks. It's something for Christmas.
Anyway I am thankful for my friends today. They have been a true blessing through the last few months...year. Never take your real friends for granted!

No comments: