Nov 6, 2010

Closed Doors

This is my status on Facebook today..."Despite another closed door I will praise you Lord for keeping us under Your wing of protection and for having something much greater for us to do!" Yes I do mean it but honestly another closed door to ministry ~ REALLY?!? Seriously, what is it that these church pulpit committees are not seeing in all of his answers and resume? I just don't get it. Seriously I just don't get it. My husband is a great pastor, preaches the Word of God and doesn't stray from what it says. He doesn't twist the word, he is a man of integrity and he loves the Lord and his congregations with everything he has. I just don't get it.
I will praise the Lord, for this does not warrant anything else as a response except that. This disappointment is just another disappointment it's not death and it's not that He has forsaken us. He has protected us from something and apparently God has other plans for us. I just wish I knew what they were. I wish I knew how to encourage my husband because he is feeling very defeated right now. :(
Lord open the doors that only you can open and shut the doors only you can shut and in the mean time help me to help my husband!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melissa, I am very sorry to read this. I know you are disappointed. But I am saying, "Thank you God for preventing what was not in Your plan for Melissa and her family." God WILL supply and give His answer. I know it is not easy. Praying that He will give you added strength and grace. xo Ruth

Melissa said...

Thank you Ruth! Knowing God has our best interest in mind helps.

Heather Cox said...

I read your blog and it is very encouraging and inspirational. I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling. I also am a Pastors wife. The steps of the righteous are ordered! I will be holding you and your family up in prayer! The Lord already has the perfect position lined up!

Melissa said...

Thank you for your words of encouragement. God does know what He is doing and in that I place my trust. I am mentally doing better, there are moments of uncertainty but I am always certain in Who it is place my trust. :)