Nov 3, 2008

A word!

Saturday night late, we had a gentleman show up at our home. He was one of the first people that got saved after we took over the pastorate at our present church. Unfortunately despite all of our efforts he left the church and turned his back on God. He came to us for help, prayer and guidance at midnight I might add! Sean and I were able to talk with him for a while and then he asked if he could spend time at the altar. So Sean took him over to the church where he was able to pray with him and this gentleman stay for a few hours at the alter praying. I'd like to report that he showed up for services Sunday morning but he didn't. We are praying he makes the right choice and returns.
That night at around one in the morning I was praying and God gave me a very strong word for our church. It is awesome. I am not going to share it here but I can tell you when the picture that God gave me is fulfilled out church will be busting at the seems and we will have to bring on a full time youth pastor and possibly children's pastor! What I can share is that we are to prepare. The first step to preparing for the incoming souls is prayer and fasting and of course getting more into the word of God. It's the first step for anything God has planned. We are very excited about what is in store for our church.

Sunday morning we were blessed with a new family who was visiting for the first time. They live just a few blocks from the church. They have two wonderful little boys who are 6 & 7 yrs of age. Very cute little guys and so polite! They all seemed to enjoy Sunday School and the main services. The boys definitely enjoyed Children's church. Planning to make contact with the family this week and invite them back.
Have more to write later tonight if I get a chance to.

No comments: