Nov 9, 2008

Speak to the Mountain

Earlier this week as I was driving home from town the Lord impressed on my heart to speak to the mountains in my life. Honestly I thought, "ok God that is just strange! Speak to the mountains what do You mean?" I didn't get an answer but I started to pray for the mountains to move, mountains of illness, the mountains that are hindering a situation that could be blessing to our family, mountains that seem to be hindering things at church and others. I prayed hard and started proclaiming God's Word and His promises over those situations.

All week it has weighed on me and I have asked the Lord to show me, lead me to the scripture He wanted me to read to understand more about this, "speaking to the mountains." Well last night I was sitting here listening to praise and worship music and asked again for the Lord to direct me to scripture. I opened the Bible to Ezekiel 36:1. Which states (paraphrased) "speak to the mountains and declare the Word of the Lord." Which sent me to shouting! Because that is exactly what I was doing ad had no idea it was there in the word. Now the circumstances are different in that scripture but it said "declare (prophesy) to the mountains My Word" said the Lord.

Well this morning during Sunday school I was trying to listen to the teaching but God was speaking to my heart about the mountains again. I grabbed a Bible and began writing down everything the Lord was showing me. SO AWESOME! So listen to this!!!
In Matt 17:20 Jesus tells His disciples that if they have faith as small as a mustard seed then they can tell the mountain to move and it will. A mustard seed is pretty small. To have just that amount of living faith can move those mountains.
In Matt. 7:7, scripture says to ask, seek, and knock and you shall receive. Does it say it will be immediately ~ no! But the Greek meanings of the words that were used are to "pray persistently."
So lets tie this together an I hope you grasp what God is saying here today. When faced with mountains whether it is an illness, debt, direction that is not coming, maybe its something that is hindering you from going forward in a direction God is leading you stand firm, face that mountain and proclaim God's Word. Not only that but stand facing that mountain in faith (even if it is a smidgen of faith) and tell it "MOVE MOUNTAIN MOVE!" Do it persistently! The reason we are told to ask, seek and knock is to build our faith and to be persistent. You pray till you get an answer! Keep praying till you get that answer! Keep proclaiming God's Word against those mountains.
If you are facing a terrible illness even a small one, stand and face that mountain and proclaim scripture (God's WORD) and state "BY HIS STRIPES I AM HEALED!" Maybe you are facing uncertainty about a situation or finances, face that mountain and say "MOVE MOUNTAIN!! God's WORD says, HE SHALL PROVIDE FOR ALL OF MY NEEDS ACCORDING TO HIS RICHES I GLORY!"
Speak the living eternal truth to those mountains. Stand in faith, stand firm and keep declaring the Word of God. He is faithful to answer! Hallelujah! He is faithful to touch and heal, He is faithful to provide not only your needs but the desires of your heart if He knows that they will bring glory to Him! He wants to show you His power! He wants to amaze you today! He wants to make it clear that when you rely on Him fully that He will sustain you. Yes He allows things to take place but the point of those things is to help you to grow, draw closer to Him, for His plan for your life to be worked out according to His will. There is a purpose for everything!
This morning in service I was able to share this word with our congregation BEFORE we had worship and let me tell you something...God showed up in a mighty way! This word was not just for me and our situations we face but for others. That is why I know someone who will read this will be encouraged today! Hold fast to the Potter! Hold fast to the Maker of ALL things! Speak to those mountains...MOVE MOUNTAIN MOVE IN JESUS NAME! In fact I told our congregation not only proclaim that the mountain be moved but may the mountain be destroyed today!
Be encouraged today and stay persistent! SPEAK to those mountains and proclaim the promises of God!