Jul 19, 2018

One Month PO

One moth, actually 36 days ago I had gastric sleeve surgery. In those days, I have cried, given up & got back up, realized I eat too fast and I am a slow eater or at least I was before, and have learned this is the hardest "diet" ever. No it's not a diet. It's a life changing surgery in all aspects. I have no patients for the scale, never have, but now it's worse. I want to weigh myself weekly but let's be honest, I weigh daily. Some days I get excited, some days I need dynamite.
  My scale says 21 lbs down. I go to the doc tomorrow and I'm hoping it says more than that.  I  have learned I am an emotional eater. My new stomach doesn't let that happen all that much. I  just can't eat those comfort foods anymore. Heck, I can barely eat anything anymore. Only thing that doesn't make my stomach hurt is fruits, yogurts, soft, smooth textures, and broth soups. Suppose to be able to eat eggs, chicken, fish, cottage cheese, and a variety of veggies. But they all make me hurt or puke.
   Emotionally, I'm somewhat ok. Like I said, good days and bad days. Most is frustration. I can't do what I want because of my chronic pain from neuropathy, fibromyalgia and arthritis. Once back on the meds for the arthritis I am hoping I can do more. We shall see. So many issues, some directly due from being obese, some not so much but all have stole moments from my life and my kids lives. :( Sigh! 

No comments: