Jul 30, 2018

Goal 1 Met

YAHOO! I hit my first post surgery goal...25 down a lot more to go. I am so freaking happy about how things are going. For those that assume the weight just falls off, it DOESN'T! Not really! It takes discipline, making sure that I've gotten in my 100 grams of protein, all of my vitamins and then other foods is time consuming. My body is still adjusting. It's figuring out it's new normal and so am I.
   Change is hard, it's been 7 weeks and I'm just now starting to really be able to enjoy chicken. I plan o retry fish again this week too. I still see the 300+ pound me when I look in the mirror and friends say that will take time. I was morbidly obese for most of my life. It's going to take time to see the new me.
On another note, I don't just deal with weight issues, I have diabetic neuropathy, fibromyalgia, type 2 diabetes, arthritis in all of my joints including my spine. The neuropathy combined with the two knee replacements have cause drop foot. I am now going to need braces to help my feet, I wear compression gloves for my hands because the pain is 24/7/365 days a year. I deal with depression/anxiety as well. All this to say, I have a lot I'm dealing with. But knowing I am losing weight and getting healthier helps in so many ways!

No comments: