Dec 4, 2011

Patience...Waiting...not my favorite!

"Patience ~ an ability or willingness to suppress annoyance when confronted with delay. Waiting ~ a pause, interval, or delay." These two words and definitions go hand in hand and I for one do not like either of them....just being honest.
   Right now we are "waiting" to hear from the two churches that interviewed Sean for the lead pastor's position.  We are having to be "patient" while we "wait."   I know it's the holidays and I know that the boards/committees of these churches may put off making a decision until after Christmas...which means a whole month of waiting.
I do not like waiting or patience. Never have never will.  I am sure there is a reason why God likes to keep teaching me this lesson.  Sooner or later, probably later never , I will learn that it's ok to wait and be patient.  Right now is not that time!
I want to be able to say that I would be ok with the doors closing...honestly I won't be ok with it!  But I would rather have a closed door than be in this waiting game with these two churches. UGH!

No comments: