Mar 4, 2011

Hidden Damage

So today I have been thinking...I know hold on to your hats because I was actually thinking and it's only 8 AM. As I said the other day, I was in an accident. Thankfully the van is drivable so my husband has been taking it to work with him. Well today I had to meet him at the mechanic so that we can get the brakes in the car. While he was taking care of that I was sitting in the van. (yes that is my van and yes we are taking it tomorrow to get an estimate of what it is going to cost to get it fixed...praying it won't be a tremendous amount...this is coming out of our pockets.)
Do you know how embarrassing it is to sit in a vehicle that has this kind of damage? Right now all the openings are covered with a black garbage bag and PURPLE duct tape. So it stands out even more.
Anyway as we were driving home I started thinking about how looking a the van from one side you can not see any of the damage, but walk around it and there it is. Then this thought crossed my mind...how many people do we see that look whole, healthy and happy on the outside but on the inside are damaged worse than my van? Then you have people that have been "damaged" and you see the evidence on the outside such as with a burn victim and yet you get to know that person and they are more whole, healthy and happy than that other "perfectly put together" person on the other corner.
I am so glad that I serve a God that can see the inside past the "perfect outer shell" and can heal the damage on the inside all because He loves us! I invite you to pray this prayer with me today..
Dear Heavenly Father,
Today I came before you and ask that you reach deep inside of me and heal all the damage that no one else can see. Past hurts, negative thoughts, sins I have committed, all of it...Lord cleanse me from within, heal the damaged areas and restore to perfect health my body, mind and soul. Forgive me for the sins I have committed. I accept You today as King and Lord over all of my life.
In Jesus Name...Amen.

No comments: