May 25, 2009

Wonderfully Delicious Cake!

Ok so my Fishing series didn't go as long as I wanted it to. Sure I could have taken a spin on the reel on a lot of different subject but lets get serious here, how many more blogs do you need to read about casting out your hook and reeling in the fish...in other words fishing for souls. Seriously, this blog is suppose to be about my personal walk with God and if you get blessed by it great and if not great....seriously it's not really out here for you or for me to gain readers or popularity. I hope to minister to my readers but if not then I hope it glorifies God!

A friend of mine sent me this little story and it ministered to me. I needed to hear it tonight and thought instead of it just ministering to me I hope it will minister to others. I have NO idea who wrote it just know it has lots of truth! Enjoy!
Sometimes we wonder, "What did I do to deserve this?" or "Why did God have to do this to me?" Here is a wonderful explanantion!
A daughter is telling her Mother how everthing is going wrong, she's failing algebra, her boyfriend broke up with her and her best friend is moving away.
Meanwhile, her Mother is baking a cake and asks her daughter if she would like a snack, and the daughter says, "Absolutely Mom, I love your cake."

"Here, have some cooking oil," her Mother offers.
"Yuck," says her daughter.
"How about a couple of raw eggs?" "GROSS, Mom!"
"Would you like some floour then? Or maybe baking soda?"
"Mom, those are all nasty!"

To which the mother replies: "Yes, all those things seem bad all by themselves. But when they are put together in the right way, they make a wonderfully delicious cake!"

God works the same way. Many times we wonder why He would let us go through such bad and difficult times. But God know that when He puts these things all in His order, they always work for good! We just have to trust Him and, eventually, they will make something wonderful!

No comments: