Dec 15, 2008

Taffy

In order to get some wonderful taffy it has had to of gone through 15 minutes to an hour of stretching, pulling and some more stretching again. The best taffy is chewy and often times makes you want more. Every thing I have read about making taffy says when it gets too hard to pull and stretch then stop and cut it into pieces.

Right now I feel like a piece of taffy. I feel like I am being pulled and stretched and pulled some more. I am not sure what the Lord is doing nor do I know or understand why He is doing or allowing the things that are happening to happen. All I know is I want the stretching to stop. I do not want to be cut into pieces but I want the stretching to stop for just a while.

But then again, maybe all the stretching and pulling is to get out the stiffness and put more air into me. The reason taffy is so good is because of the stretching and pulling, it allows air to mixed into the ingredients making it light and fluffy and in turn makes it a yummy chewy candy. Just possibly by all the pulling and stretching we are going through is to allow the breath of God to come in and allow the Holy Spirit to mold and make us what HE needs us to be so we can be used for His glory!

All I know is that for the last two years we have one through more stretching and pulling than I could have ever imagined and to be quite honest....GOD I NEED A BREAK FOR A BIT! Just a little one would be nice!