Dec 11, 2010

Line to See Jesus

With just two weeks till Christmas I am sure you have spent time shopping whether in the mall or in other stores. This Christmas for us will be much smaller than we have done in the past. Oh the kids will have a good Christmas when it comes to presents. Let's just say having large families with aunts/uncles, grandparents and friends that love your kids helps in that! This year for the first time in our marriage we will not be able to bless other families. Every year since Sean and I started dating and into our marriage, we have adopted a family in need and blessed them at Christmas with a food basket and with presents for each family member. Sometimes with multiple gifts.
This year we do not have that ability and to be honest it is breaking my heart! You see this year we barely have enough to purchase one or two gifts for each of our children. There are no gifts for friends or other family member. This year for the first time ever our kids were placed on the Angel Tree by someone at the school. I am not angry about it, humbled yes, sad yes, grateful yes. This has been the most humbling time in our lives. I can't remember if I shared the gift of a hair cut on here or not but a few weeks ago a close friend took me to get my hair cut. She just wanted to bless me, knowing that I could not afford to even go and do that. I was humbled by that and to be honest I was at a point of no hope, just sadness. But that hair cut really changed that for me. You see the gift of a hair cut made me realize that nothing ever stays the same. It was like a NORMAL event in life. Having things back to normal and being able to afford the "normal" things in life is something I am longing for. Things weren't suppose to be this way. I guess this is the new normal for a while and as long as we are serving God then He has a purpose for this season in our lives.
As you are out shopping for that "one perfect gift" remember the only true perfect gift is Jesus! A friend shared this song, never heard it before but it really is a beautiful song!

No comments: